By using OpenSSL you can generate you private and public keys, the certificates and the certificate signing requests to be send to a certification authority. OpenSSL is an open source project and you can use it for free.
OpenSSL official website provides detailed information about how to use it. The following are basic instructions to use OpenSSL with Qlik NPrinting.
Before you begin, you must install OpenSSL.
Do the following:
- Download a binary distribution of OpenSSL for your operating system. Warning noteCompiling your own version, and checking the gpg keys in the tags, is a more secure alternative.Information noteThe OpenSSL project does not distribute any code in binary form, and does not officially recommend any specific binary distributions but you can find an informal list at https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binaries. We will use Win64OpenSSL_Light-1_1_0e.exe downloadable from the page https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html.
- Before start the installation, close all Windows command prompts.
- Double click on Win64OpenSSL_Light-1_1_0e.exe to start the installation.
- If a security warning appears, click on Run.
- It the use account control appears, click on Yes.
- Click on Next, accept the license agreement and click on Next again.
- Don't change the default installation folder and click on Next.
- Use the default start menu folder and click on Next.
- In Copy OpenSSL DLL to windows select the option on to The Windows system directory an click on Next.
- Click on Install.
- Click Finish to exit setup.