Generating On-Demand reports in Qlik Sense
On-Demand reports are created using the On-Demand reporting button.
When you create an On-Demand report, the report is added to the report creation queue on the Qlik NPrinting Server. Once a report is complete, it is stored in the Qlik NPrinting repository. Reports can be accessed from the Qlik NPrinting window in QlikView AccessPoint until deleted. Reports and reports in queue are automatically deleted from the Qlik NPrinting Server after 30 days. Failed reports are deleted after 6 days.
To enable On-Demand reporting in Qlik Sense, see: Installing Qlik Sense On-Demand reporting control.
Creating an On-Demand reporting button
You can create an On-Demand reporting button on the sheet you are editing.
Do the following:
- From the assets panel, under Custom objects > Dashboard bundle drag On-demand reporting to the sheet.
Set the server connection in Server Connection under NPrinting Connection in the property panel. The URL must end with /.
Example: https://<server name>:4993/
- Select the Qlik NPrinting app that contains the report template in Choose App.
- Select the Qlik NPrinting connection in Choose Connection. The list only shows Qlik NPrinting connections to the Qlik Sense app you are working in.
- Select the report to connect to the button in Choose Report under Report Configuration.
- Select a default export format of the report in Default Export Format.
- Set the button label in Button Label under Appearances.
You have now created an On-Demand reporting button. When you click the button, a report is generated.
Generating a report
You can generate a report that is filtered according to the current selections in the Qlik Sense app. You need to be in analysis mode.
Click on the button that you created.
The Export dialog is opened, showing the status of the report generation.
- When the report is generated a download button is activated. Click the download button to download the report.
You have now downloaded the report.