The Qlik NPrinting Engine is unable to open a document, and you get a connection status error.
If you encounter problems when creating connections, perform the following steps.
- Check that the local path and name of the .qvw file are correct. Remember to use the full path including the drive and file extension. Open QlikView Desktop, and then open the .qvw file by copying and pasting the path.
Information noteIt does not matter if the .qvw file is local, on a network folder, or on a server. You must be able to open the document from the QlikView Desktop.
- If you are using a local connection and a local path to the document, check that the document has been copied to the computer that the engine is running on and not to another scheduler or engine computer.
- If you are using a network path in the connection, check the network share is reachable from the engine.
- Mapping a network drive is not supported; use a UNC (Universal Naming Convention) instead. For example, you must use \\ServerName\DocumentFolder\document.qvw.
- If you are using a server connection, check that the server path is correct. Remember to include any folders that are on the server in the server path.
- If you are using a server connection, ensure that the server is reachable from the Qlik NPrinting Engine.
- If you are using a server connection, always use the same versions of both QlikView Server and QlikView Desktop on the engine computer. If you use different versions, you may be able to open the document manually on the QlikView Desktop on the engine, but cache generation will fail.
- Check that the QlikView Desktop has an active license for the Windows user that is running the engine service. Find the Qv.exe file in its installation path. Hold down SHIFT, and then right-click the file. Select Run as a different user, and then enter the credentials of the Qlik NPrinting Windows user.
- If you have Windows Interactive Service Detection active, click View the message, and then check the status of QlikView open in session zero. Messages may contain useful information, such as a request to execute a macro in the source .qvw file.
- Check the logs in the %ProgramData%\NPrinting\Logs folder for errors.
Information noteQlikView Personal Edition is not supported.