Upgrading Qlik NPrinting
You can upgrade from Qlik NPrinting 17.3.0 or later to Qlik NPrinting June 2017 or later using the Qlik NPrinting setup program. When upgrading, the previous version is completely replaced by the new version.
The content of the following files is overwritten during the upgrade process:
- NewsStand proxy configuration file
- Qlik NPrinting web console proxy configuration file
When you upgrade to Qlik NPrinting June 2017 or later the following new folders are created automatically:
A copy of the app.conf file, with everything commented, is inserted in each folder. Settings that are not commented in the app.conf files have a higher priority than the old files, so they will overwrite the same settings in the older files. After the first upgrade the settings in the new app.conf files will be kept.
Do the following:
- Confirm that you have a current backup of the repository.
Warning noteYou must back up your data before you continue. Data can be damaged if a problem occurs during the upgrade, so it is necessary to have backup to restore the repository from . See Backup and restore a repository.
- Open Windows Services.
- Stop the following Qlik NPrinting services by right-clicking them, and then clicking Stop:
- Qlik NPrinting Engine
- Qlik NPrinting Scheduler
- Qlik NPrinting WebEngine
- Qlik NPrinting MessagingService
- Qlik NPrinting RepoService
- Qlik NPrinting License Service
Windows stops the services only after you close this program, so do not keep it open.
- Browse to the Processes tab.
- Click on Show processes from all users to be sure to see all working processes.
- If any of the following processes is running, terminate it by right clicking on it and choosing End process tree:
Warning noteProceed only when you are sure that all previous processes are stopped or the repository may be damaged.Warning noteIf you attempt to upgrade Qlik NPrinting while the Windows services and process are running, it can result in a installation failure, so it is important to check before proceeding, and stop them manually if necessary.
- Qlik.NPrinting.Cefsharp.exe. If you see more than one process with this name, select the one owned by the Windows user of the Qlik NPrinting services.