On this page
A single Qlik NPrinting scheduler service can manage multiple Qlik NPrinting Engines to distribute the workload resulting in a high-availability reporting system.
In a multi-engine environment, report creation is distributed among engines, allowing many reports to be created at the same time. If an engine fails, the Qlik NPrinting scheduler service will redistribute the workload to the other active engines.
You can install a single Qlik NPrinting Engine on each computer. The Qlik NPrinting Engine is multi-threaded so it can use all available CPUs and cores. By default, only one Qlik NPrinting Engine is available for each Qlik NPrinting Server license. If you want to add additional engines to your Qlik NPrinting environment, you need to purchase them.
The Engine manager provides a single web interface to add, remove, monitor, and manage Qlik NPrinting Engines. You can find it in the Qlik NPrinting web console, under the Admin menu.
You must open the following ports:
- Outbound on the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer: 5672
- Inbound on Qlik NPrinting scheduler service computer: 5672, 4993, and 4994
- Outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and inbound on all Qlik NPrinting Engines: 4997
Qlik NPrinting Engine status
A Qlik NPrinting Engine can be in the following states:
- Offline: the Qlik NPrinting Engine is configured but cannot accept new jobs.
- Online: the Qlik NPrinting Engine is ready to accept new jobs.
- Error: the Qlik NPrinting Engine has an issue.
If your QlikView Desktop installation on the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer does not have a valid license activated, you will receive an error.
To resolve this error, activate QlikView Desktop for the user who runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine service, and then re-activate the Qlik NPrinting Engine from the web console. See: Licensing Qlik NPrinting.