On this page
The Task executions page shows details related to Qlik NPrinting Server tasks.
You can open the Task executions page by clicking on Admin and selecting Task executions, or by typing the URL https://YourServer:4993/#/tasks/executions in your browser.
A publish task has three phases:
- Content resolution: Qlik NPrinting gets data needed to create a report from QlikView or Qlik Sense.
- Content production: Qlik NPrinting creates the report.
- Publish: the report is delivered according to your task settings.
These steps are executed in order for each combination of report and user. They are performed in parallel for different reports and many reports can be at the same stage at the same time.
By default, all in-progress or finished tasks are displayed. You can filter tasks by View, Task type, or Date range. You can also search by task name.
The View drop-down list has the following options:
- All executions
- In progress
The Task type drop-down list has the following options:
- Import filters and recipients
- Publish report
- Generate connection cache
- Search field value: If you press the Search button while adding an uncached field, Qlik NPrinting will start a task to retrieve the non-cached values.
There are two Date range drop-down lists:
- Last updated
- All time:
- All time
- This week
- This month
- Last 7 days
- Last 30 days
Custom: Lets you set a specific date range.
To search by name, type the name of task you are looking for into the search form on the right. The list of tasks will be dynamically filtered.
Task execution status
|Task name||The name of the task.|
|Task type||The type of task.|
A blinking status means that the task is running. A fixed status means that the task has finished, or stopped with Warning, Failed, or Aborted.
|Progress||Percentage of publishing completion. Progress will remain at 0% during content resolution and content production. It will start to increase when publishing starts, or when a condition evaluation returns false. This means that some reports will not be produced and will be counted as finished.|
|Created||Date and time task was created.|
|Last updated||Date and time task was last updated.|
You can change the number of visible rows by clicking on the numbered buttons at the bottom of the page.
There are several types of Status:
- Warning: some reports are created correctly, but some have problems.
- Failed: all reports have problems.
- Running (only blinking): everything is going well, but the task is still in execution.
- Completed (only fixed): all reports have been correctly created and delivered.
- Queued: task is waiting to start its execution.
- Aborted: task execution was manually stopped because the user pressed the Abort button in the task detail page.
Task execution details
Click on a task name to open its details page . The details page is divided into three sections:
When opening this page, you need to wait until all logs are loaded. This could take several seconds.
This section contains basic information about the task:
- Task name
- Task type
- Last updated
The second section shows the task's statistics.
|Elapsed time||Time since the task started or since the latest task restart. It is updated only when there are timed updates on the task. If the task is blocked, the elapsed time will not be updated. Visible for all type of tasks.|
|Started resolutions||The number of reports that have started the content resolution step. Visible only for publish report tasks.|
|Finished resolutions||The number of reports which have finished the content resolution step. Visible only for publish report tasks.|
|Started productions||The number of reports that have started the content production step. Visible only for publish report tasks.|
|Finished productions||The number of reports which have finished the content production step. Visible only for publish report tasks.|
|Started publishing||The number of reports that have started the publishing step. Visible only for publish report tasks.|
|Finished publishing||The number of reports that have finished the publishing step. Visible only for publish report tasks.|
|Report failures||The number of reports that failed any of the execution steps. Visible only for publish report tasks.|
The last section of the task details page contains detailed logs. Each log is comprised of:
|Date and time||Date and time of log generation in the Qlik NPrinting Server time zone.|
|Level||The log level is an hint about the severity of the event recorded. The values Error or Warn mean that something went wrong and we suggest to investigate. The value Info means that the event ended correctly.|
|Description||Detailed description of the logged action.|
Retrieving the report from the ID in the logs
Report IDs are not resolved in the logs of the task execution details page. Report names are not visible and you will need to retrieve them.
Do the following:
- Open the task details page.
- Select and copy the report ID that you want to resolve.
- Go to the publish task page.
- Open the publish task related to the original log.
- Open one of the available reports
- Replace the last part of the URL (the string on the right side of last backslash) by pasting the copied report ID.
- Press Enter.
Aborting a task
You can stop the execution of a task at any time.
Do the following:
- Click on the name of the task.
- Click on the Abort button in the upper right corner.
- The execution of the task is stopped and shows an Aborted status.