To enable On-Demand reports, you must install the Qlik NPrintingOn-Demand Add-on on your QlikView Server. Then you must configure the On-Demand settings on your Qlik NPrinting server.
Installing the Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on on your QlikView Server
You must install the Qlik NPrintingOn-Demand Add-on on the C:\ drive of your QlikView Server to create On-Demand reports from the QlikView Access Point interface.
If your QlikView Servers are in a cluster, you must install the Qlik NPrinting On-Demand on each QlikView Server in the cluster.
Before you install the Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on, ensure the following requirements are met:
- Your QlikView Server is either:
- QlikView Server 11.20 SR15 or higher.
QlikView Server 12.10 SR1 or higher, if you have Qlik NPrinting 17.2.2 or higher.
QlikView Server 12 is not currently supported.
The requirements to connect to the QlikView Server from Qlik NPrinting have been met.
The Qlik NPrinting services Windows domain user must be a member of two groups on the QlikView Server (as well as the Access Point server, if installed on a separate computer):
You must restart QlikView and Qlik NPrinting services after adding the Qlik NPrinting services Windows domain user to the QlikView Administrators and QlikView Management API groups.
- QlikView Administrators
- QlikView Management API
Installing the Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on
Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on.exe is obtained from:
Do the following:
Log on with a registered customer or partner account, select Services > Customer Downloads, and then select the Qlik NPrinting tab. Select Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on.exe and save if to a folder on your computer.The On-Demand add-on must be installed on your C:\ drive.
- Double-click Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on.exe.
- If the QlikView Server requirements are not met, you will see an error message. Check the logs for more information.
- Click Install to proceed.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes to proceed.
- Click Next when the welcome message appears.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Click Next to proceed. Setup progress will start.
Enter your Qlik NPrinting Server URL in the following format: https://YourServerName:PortNumber.
Ensure there is no slash (the character “/”) following the port number.
The default port number is 4993.If your Qlik NPrinting server and Qlik NPrinting engine are installed on different computers, you must use the Qlik NPrinting server URL.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- When complete, click Finish to close the setup window.
Configuring On-Demand settings on Qlik NPrinting server
To enable On-Demand reports, several settings must be configured on your Qlik NPrinting server:
- Your QlikView Server must be added as a trusted origin.
You must have connections to your QlikView Server.
QlikView Server and QlikView Cluster connections are supported with On-Demand. Local connections are unsupported for On-Demand. See Creating connections .
- You must enable your Qlik NPrinting reports for On-Demand.
- Optionally, you may limit user access to creating On-Demand reports through security roles. See Security management.
Adding the QlikView Server as a trusted origin
The QlikView Server in which you want to create On-Demand reports must be added as a trusted origin in Qlik NPrinting web console. For each server path used to access the Qlik NPrinting web console, you must add a trusted origin. For example, if your QlikView Server can be accessed through a local domain, a shortened host, or fully qualified URLs, a trusted origin must be added for each of those server paths.
How you enter the server paths in the Address field of the trusted origin depends on your security configuration.
Configuration 1: SSL security not setup with Qlik NPrinting web console
A trusted origin is required for each server path used to log onto the Qlik NPrinting web console. For example, if your QlikView Server was qlikserver1 and had an IP address of 192.168.0.101, you would add the following trusted origins:
Configuration 2: SSL security setup with Qlik NPrinting web console and third-party
A trusted origin is required for each server path used to log onto the Qlik NPrinting web console. URLs must use HTTPS. For example, if your QlikView Server was qlikserver1 and had an IP address of 192.168.0.101, you would add the following trusted origins:
Adding a trusted origin
Do the following:
- In Qlik NPrinting, click Admin > Settings.
- Click On-Demand Settings.
- Click Add trusted origin.
- After Name, enter a name for the trusted origin.
- After Description, enter a description for the trusted origin.
After Address, enter the URL for the QlikView Server.
The URL must be the base URL (scheme and host) only. For example, http://qlikserver1 rather than http://qlikserver1/qlikview/index.htm.
- Click Create.
Enabling Qlik NPrinting reports for On-Demand creation
Qlik NPrinting reports must be manually enabled for On-Demand creation. Reports must be assigned to the QlikView app in which you want to generate On-Demand reports.
On-Demand creation can be enabled during the creation of a new report.
Do the following:
- In Qlik NPrinting, click Reports.
- Open a report or create a new report.
- Select an app from the App drop-down list that has a connection to the QlikView document for which you want to generate a report.
- Select the Enable On-Demand check box.
- Click Save.
The report template is now available in the QlikView Access Point interface.