This section lists the minimum hardware and software requirements for Qlik NPrinting Designer.
The hardware requirements listed on this page are for configurations where each Qlik NPrinting component is installed on a different computer. If you install more than one component (for example, the server and the engine) on the same computer, the minimum hardware requirements increase.
Qlik NPrinting will work on both physical and virtual machines. However, virtualized applications are not supported. For example, Qlik NPrinting Engine will not work if it is installed on a computer with virtualized versions of QlikView Desktop and Microsoft Office distributed from a different computer. QlikView Desktop and Microsoft Office must be installed locally on the same physical or virtual machine where the Qlik NPrinting components are installed.
For more information on virtual applications, see What is Application Virtualization?
These Qlik NPrinting Designer requirements are for configurations where each Qlik NPrinting component is installed on a different computer. If you install more than one component (for example, the server and the engine) on the same computer, the minimum hardware requirements increase.
- Qlik NPrinting Designer must be the same version as Qlik NPrinting Server.
- Platforms: Both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures are supported for these operating systems.
- These operating systems are supported by Qlik NPrinting. Third-party software may require service packs to be installed:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 10 build 1607 or later
- Microsoft Windows 11 (as of May 2022 SR1)
- These server operating systems are supported, but we recommend that you install Qlik NPrinting Designer on client computers and not on servers. Server capacity is not needed when developing report templates:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022 (as of May 2022 SR1)
- Processors (CPUs): No specific needs for Qlik NPrinting Designer. When creating Microsoft Office based templates, Microsoft Office requirements apply.
- Memory: 1 GB is required. When creating Microsoft Office based templates, Microsoft Office requirements apply.
Qlik NPrinting can only be installed on C drives.
- Disk space: 200 MB for installation
- Storage: Only Windows, local or shared, storage is supported.
Microsoft Office: A valid Microsoft Office license is required. Microsoft Office must be installed locally on computers where Qlik NPrinting Designer is installed if you plan to create Excel, PowerPoint, or Word report templates. Both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures are supported:
- Excel 2016, 2019
- PowerPoint 2016, 2019
- Word 2016, 2019
Microsoft Office 365 Desktop.Information noteMicrosoft Office 365 web and mobile versions are not supported.
You do not need Microsoft Office to manage QlikEntity, HTML, and PixelPerfect report templates.
Use of a proxy is supported. For more information about setting up a proxy service in Windows, see Licensing service proxy Setup
Additional software installed
The following software is installed during the Qlik NPrinting Designer setup, unless it is already installed and it must not be removed:
.NET framework: 4.7.2 or later
.NET framework is installed when you install Qlik NPrinting Server, Qlik NPrinting Engine, or Qlik NPrinting Designer. The installation of .NET framework requires an internet connection. If .NETframework is not already installed on a computer without an internet connection, the installation stops. Before you begin the installation of Qlik NPrinting Server, Qlik NPrinting Engine, or Qlik NPrinting Designer, you must install the .NET framework on computers without an internet connection. If an internet connection is not available on a computer with .NET framework already installed, the installer will skip this part of the installation.
Qlik NPrinting Designer crashes sometimes
Your Windows display is zoomed in. When settings of 125% or 150% are selected,Qlik NPrinting Designer may crash.
Open your Windows Display Settings in the Control Panel. Set zoom to Smaller – 100% (default).