Role based security
Qlik NPrinting manages user based security.
Users must log into the NewsStand in order to have access to their published reports. Users are allowed to do actions based on assigned roles, so you can create roles and re-use them. By default, users are not associated with any roles. You can set authorizations at a granular level.
- Action: A specific action associated with an entity. For example, Subscribe, Edit, and Run are actions associated with reports.
Role: A list of associations; App - Entity - Action or Entity - Action.
For example, Sales Demo - Reports - Create; the role with this association can create new reports in the Sales Demo app. Also, for example, User - canCreate; the role with this association can create new users.
- The default super user is created during the installation process with a user name of your choice. The admin user can perform all actions, and is associated with the administrator role for all apps. The admin user cannot be deleted or removed from the administrator role.
- You must give permission to perform actions. By default, a user cannot perform any actions.
- Each user must be associated with one or more roles. You can allow different actions for a user for specific apps. For example, Role1 can be allowed to create reports in App1, but not in App2.
- Some permissions do not depend on the apps. For example, creating users is not related to apps, while creating connections is app-related.
- You can only give permissions, as opposed to specifying restrictions. For example, you can allow Role1 to create reports into App1. You cannot explicitly forbid this.
- The Create and Edit options allow you to create and edit entity properties. Specific actions will have matching actions. For example, Create/Edit a connection does not imply the reload metadata action. Similarly, Create/Edit a report does not imply the template edit action.
List of entities that you can enable
- Publish Task
- Published Reports
- On-Demand reports
- Import tasks
- Task executions
- On-Demand requests