You can create a PowerPoint report with a slide for every combination of values from two or more fields. This can be done with both QlikView and Qlik Sense connections.
This example illustrates the use of two fields using a QlikView connection. You can also customize the final order of the produced slides. First, you need to do some preliminary work in QlikView, and then you’ll create a PowerPoint report template.
Preparing the table box in QlikView
Do the following:
- Open SalesDemo.qvw in QlikView.
- Select the QlikView sheet where you might want the new object to appear, and then right-click any empty part of the sheet.
- Select New Sheet Object.
- Click Table Box....
Select several fields from the list of Available Fields.
For example, select Country and Year.
- Click Add to transfer the chosen fields to the Fields Displayed in Tablebox list.
- Click OK at the bottom of the New Table Box window.
You can customize the sort order of slides in the final PowerPoint report by setting the sort order in the original QlikView object.
Creating a PowerPoint report
Do the following:
- Select Reports in the Qlik NPrinting main menu, and then click Create report.
- Enter a Title for the report.
- Select PowerPoint from the Type drop-down list.
- Select an app from the App drop-down list.
- Click Edit template to open the Template Editor.
- Right-click the Page node, and then select Add page to current sheet.
- Select the Connection to the QlikView document that contains the object you want.
- Select PageTB04.
- Click OK.
- Expand TB04_Page node.
- Compose the slide title by dragging the Country and Year node tokens and dropping them in the appropriate positions in the Title text box.
- Add Sales by Category - CH186 to the Images node.
Drag the CH186 - Sales by Category node token into the template and drop it onto the slide.
Qlik NPrinting generates a slide for each country for the years 2012 to 2014.
- Click on Save and Close to save the template.