Connecting Qlik NPrinting with Qlik Sense
You must connect your Qlik NPrinting installation to one or more Qlik Sense servers if you want Qlik Sense charts in your reports. You can designate one Qlik Sense hub to receive Qlik NPrinting reports.
The Qlik NPrinting Server folder with the Qlik Sense certificates (C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates) is kept during upgrades, but is deleted if you uninstall Qlik NPrinting.
For Qlik Sense versions compatibility , see Qlik Sense compatibility.
- In the QMC, you must give RootAdmin authorization to the Windows user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Windows service. That Windows user must also be a domain user. See: User accounts.
- Microsoft Windows NTML authentication on the Qlik Sense proxy. SAML and JWT are not supported. If your virtual proxy uses SAML or JWT authentication, you need to add a new virtual proxy with NTLM enabled for Qlik NPrinting connections.
The following must be correctly set up:
A Qlik Sense proxy.
A Qlik Sense virtual proxy.
A link between the proxy and virtual proxy.
The Qlik Sense virtual proxy must be reachable from the Qlik NPrinting Engine machines to retrieve data to create reports. It must be reachable from the Qlik NPrinting Server to publish to the Qlik Sense hub.
- Connecting additional Qlik Sense servers will have an impact on Qlik NPrinting Server system resources. You may need to increase the RAM and CPU usage on Qlik NPrinting Engine and Qlik NPrinting Server computers if you connect to multiple Qlik Sense servers. See: Performance.
- Publishing to multiple Qlik Sense hubs it is not supported.
- Qlik Sense Desktop is not supported.
Certificates must be installed on all Qlik NPrinting scheduler service computers in order to distribute reports from Qlik NPrinting to the Qlik Sense hub. Certificates must be installed on all Qlik NPrinting Engine computers in order to create connections to Qlik Sense apps. If the Qlik NPrinting scheduler service and Qlik NPrinting Engine are installed on the same computer, you only need to install the certificates once.
If you are connecting to multiple Qlik Sense servers, your Qlik Sense system administrator will need to export and rename certificates from each server.
Exporting the certificates from the QMC
Do the following:
Select Certificates on the QMC start page or from the menu.
The Export page for Certificates is displayed.
In the Machine name box, type the full computer name of the Qlik NPrinting Server computer that you are creating the certificates for: MYMACHINE.mydomain.com or the IP address.
Leave the Certificate password box empty.
Select Include secret key.
Select .pfx file format in the Export file format for certificates drop-down list.
Click Export certificates in the action bar.
When the export is finished, the dialog Certificates exported is displayed. Certificates will be exported to this disk location displays the target directory.
The default is: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Exported Certificates\QlikNPrintingServerName
- Go to this directory. You should see three files: client.pfx, server.pfx, and root.cer. You only need client.pfx.
- If you are installing certificates from multiple Qlik Sense servers, you must rename the client.pfx file with a unique name of your choice. For example: YourQlikNPrintingServerName.pfx.
- Repeat this process for each Qlik NPrinting Engine. Each different client.pfx should be given a unique name.
- Repeat this process on each Qlik Sense server you want to connect to Qlik NPrinting Server and Qlik NPrinting Engine.
Installing the certificates
Do the following:
Receive the exported and renamed Qlik Sense certificates from your Qlik Sense system administrator.
- Log into the Qlik NPrinting Server running the Qlik NPrinting scheduler service, as the WindowsQlik NPrinting Server services administrator.
Add the certificates to C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates. Qlik NPrinting will automatically identify the correct one to be used for each connection.
This folder must not be renamed or customized.
- Repeat this process on each Qlik NPrinting Engine running the Qlik NPrinting Engine service, using the WindowsQlik NPrinting Engine services administrator.
Additional user access allocation in Qlik Sense is not required for a user to view reports in the Qlik Sense hub.