Backing up the Qlik NPrinting audit trail
You can backup your Audit trail with the Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe.
Qlik.NPrinting.Manager.exe is installed by default, and is located in %Program Files%\NPrintingServer\Tools\Manager. This tool is a console application and must be executed from a command prompt. The resulting backup contains a Qlik NPrinting audit trail database dump file, and related files in a .zip archive.
Accessing the command line help
Enter one of the following commands to see the command line help for the Qlik.NPrinting.Manager.exe:
- Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe --help for general help
- Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe audit-backup --help for help with backups
- Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe audit-restore --help for help with restoring from a backup
Before you begin:
- Check to see if Qlik NPrinting Engine is installed on the Qlik NPrinting Server computer where you are creating the backup.
Verify the location of your PostgreSQL installation, typically C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin.
- Verify that you know the superuser password for the PostgreSQL database.
- Delete, move, or rename any existing backup files if this is not the first backup created, as the tool will not overwrite an existing file with the same name.
Do the following:
- On the computer that hosts your Qlik NPrinting Server installation, open the Windows Service Manager (services.msc), and stop the following services in the order listed, by right-clicking on the service then selecting Stop:
- Qlik NPrintingEngine (if installed on the computer)
- Qlik NPrintingScheduler
- Qlik NPrintingWebEngine
- Qlik NPrintingAuditService
- Using Windows Explorer, create a folder to store the backups in, for example C:\NPrintingBackups.
- Open a Windows command prompt (cmd.exe) as administrator, and navigate to the folder where Qlik.NPrinting.Manager.exe is installed. The default location is %Program Files%\NPrintingServer\Tools\Manager. For example:
cd C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Tools\Manager
Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe audit-backup -f followed by the full path to the backup folder that you created in step 2, then concatenate -p followed by the full path to the PostgreSQL bin folder. Also concatenate the option --pg-password followed by the repository database superuser password that you defined during setup. For example:
Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe audit-backup -f C:\NPrintingBackups\NP_Audit_Backup.zip -p "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin" --pg-password secretPasswordInformation noteQuotation marks are necessary when you have spaces in the path.
- Read the messages displayed on the console carefully as they provide important status and error information.
When the backup is complete, you will see a .zip file named NP_Backup.zip in the folder that you created in step 2 above, for example C:\NPrintingBackups.
- Verify that your backup was successful by navigating to the folder that you created in step 2 above, and checking that the .zip file is there.