Installing On-Demand on a QlikView Web Server
You can install the On-Demand Add-on on a QlikView Web Server hosted QlikView AccessPoint.
You must install the Qlik NPrintingOn-Demand Add-on on your QlikView Web Service to create On-Demand reports from the QlikView AccessPoint interface.
If your QlikView Servers are in a cluster, or you performed a custom installation of QlikView Server components, you must install On-Demand on each QlikView Web Service in the cluster.
The following versions of QlikView are supported for connection with Qlik NPrinting. Note that your Qlik NPrinting version must be equal to or higher than your QlikView version:
- QlikView November 2017 (12.20) or higher
- QlikView November 2018 (12.30) SR1 or higher
- QlikView April 2019 (12.40) or higher
QlikView April 2020 SR2 (12.50 SR2) or later
- QlikView May 2021 (12.60) or later, starting from Qlik NPrinting February 2021 SR1
Windows login must be enabled, working, and used as the authentication system in Qlik NPrinting.
- NTFS must be enabled on the QlikView Server or QlikView Server cluster that serves the QlikView Web Server where you are installing On-Demand.
QlikView Server is installed and configured to use QlikView Webserver.
- QlikView Server is connected to Qlik NPrinting. See: Connecting Qlik NPrinting with QlikView.
- In a multi-server environment, On-Demand needs to be installed on all servers running QlikView Web Server (QVWS) services in the environment.
The Qlik NPrinting services Windows domain user must be a member of two groups on the QlikView Server (as well as the AccessPoint server, if installed on a separate computer):
Information noteYou must restart QlikView and Qlik NPrinting services after adding the Qlik NPrinting services Windows domain user to the QlikView Administrators and QlikView Management API groups.
- QlikView Administrators
- QlikView Management API
Downloading the installation file
Download Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on.exe from the Qlik Download Site and save it to a folder on the server.
Do the following:
- Double-click Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on.exe to launch the installation.
- If the QlikView Server requirements are not met, you will see an error message. Check the logs for more information.
- Click Install to proceed.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes to proceed.
- Click Next when the welcome message appears.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Click Next to proceed. Setup progress will start.
Enter your Qlik NPrinting Server URL in the following format: https://YourServerName:PortNumber.Information noteMake sure there is no slash (the character “/”) following the port number. The default port number is 4993.Information noteIf your Qlik NPrinting Server and Qlik NPrinting Engine are installed on different computers, use the Qlik NPrinting Server URL.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- When complete, click Finish to close the setup window.
Adding a server as a trusted origin
If you are creating On-Demand reports in Qlik Sense or a QlikView Web Server hosted QlikView AccessPoint, you must add these servers as a trusted origin in Qlik NPrinting web console.
For each server path used to access the Qlik NPrinting web console, you must add a trusted origin. For example, if your server can be accessed through a local domain, a shortened host, or fully qualified URLs, a trusted origin must be added for each of those server paths.
How you enter the server paths in the Address field of the trusted origin depends on your security configuration.
Configuration 1: SSL security not setup with Qlik NPrinting web console
A trusted origin is required for each server path used to log onto the Qlik NPrinting web console. For example, if your server is qlikserver1 and has an IP address of 192.168.0.101, you would add the following trusted origins:
Configuration 2: SSL security setup with Qlik NPrinting web console and third-party
A trusted origin is required for each server path used to log onto the Qlik NPrinting web console. URLs must use HTTPS. For example, if your server is qlikserver1 and has an IP address of 192.168.0.101, you would add the following trusted origins:
Adding a trusted origin
Do the following:
- In Qlik NPrinting, click Admin > Settings.
- Click On-Demand Settings.
- Click Add trusted origin.
- After Name, enter a name for the trusted origin.
- After Description, enter a description for the trusted origin.
After Address, enter the URL for the QlikView Server.
The URL must be the base URL (scheme and host) only. For example, http://qlikserver1 rather than http://qlikserver1/qlikview/index.htm.
- Click Create.
Configuring On-Demand settings on Qlik NPrinting Server
You must configure these settings on your Qlik NPrinting Server:
You must have a connection to a QlikView Server or a Qlik Sense server.
QlikView Server and QlikView Cluster connections are supported with On-Demand. Local connections are not supported. See: Creating connections.
- If you are connecting to a QlikView Server or Cluster with a QlikView Server Extranet License, the following options must be enabled when configuring the connection:
- Connection requires authentication
- Apply user section access for reports
- You must enable your Qlik NPrinting reports for On-Demand.
- You can limit On-Demand report creation through security roles. See: Role based security.
On-Demand is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer. It will not run in Microsoft Edge, because the certificates will not download.
Enabling Qlik NPrinting reports for On-Demand creation
Qlik NPrinting reports must be manually enabled for On-Demand creation. Reports must be assigned to the QlikView document or Qlik Sense app with which you want to generate On-Demand reports. On-Demand creation can be enabled during the creation of a new report.
Do the following:
- In Qlik NPrinting web console, click Reports.
- Open a report or create a new report.
Select an app from the App drop-down list is connected to the QlikView document or Qlik Sense app for which you want to generate a report.Information noteOn-Demand requests only work with reports based on a single connection. MultiDoc reports are not supported.
- Select the Enable On-Demand check box.
- Click Save.
The report template is now available.