This section lists the minimum hardware and software requirements for Qlik NPrinting Server.
Qlik NPrinting will work on both physical and virtual machines. However, virtualized applications are not supported. For example, Qlik NPrinting Engine will not work if it is installed on a computer with virtualized versions of QlikView Desktop and Microsoft Office distributed from a different computer. QlikView Desktop and Microsoft Office must be installed locally on the same physical or virtual machine where the Qlik NPrinting components are installed.
For more information on virtual applications, see What is Application Virtualization?
The hardware requirements listed on this page are for configurations where each Qlik NPrinting component is installed on a different computer. If you install more than one component on the same computer, the minimum hardware requirements increase.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- Processors (CPUs): Multi-core x64 compatible processors with a minimum of two cores.
- Memory: 8 GB minimum
- Qlik NPrinting can only be installed on C drives.
- Disk space: 500 MB minimum if audit trail is turned off, or 2.5 GB if audit trail is enabled.
- Storage: Only Windows, local or shared, storage is supported.
Qlik NPrinting Server and Qlik NPrinting EngineWindows server clocks must be synchronized within a tolerance of 2 seconds. A Windows server synchronizes its clock with the domain controller clock, so, if Qlik NPrinting Server and Qlik NPrinting Engine are in the same domain, clocks will be in sync. You should not manually remove this option. If you install Qlik NPrinting Server and Qlik NPrinting Engine on different Windows server domains, you must ensure that clocks are synchronized within a tolerance of 2 seconds.
- Platform security: TLS 1.2 must be enabled.
Use of a proxy is supported. For more information about setting up a proxy service in Windows, see Licensing service proxy Setup
Additional software installed
The following software is installed during the Qlik NPrinting Server setup, unless it is already installed and it must not be removed:
- RabbitMQ 3.8.3: its service is marked as Qlik NPrinting messaging service. The Qlik NPrinting Server computer cannot have multiple instances of RabbitMQ installed. The Qlik NPrinting Server installer will remove previously installed versions of RabbitMQ.
- Erlang 22.2
PostgreSQL 10.11: service is marked as Qlik NPrinting RepoService.
- Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x64 (12.0.30501)
- Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x64 (12.0.40660)
Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x86 (12.0.40660)
- Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable x64 (14.16.27027)
.NET framework: 4.7.2 or later
.NET framework version 4.7.2 is installed when you install Qlik NPrinting Server, Qlik NPrinting Engine, or Qlik NPrinting Designer. The installation of .NET framework version 4.7.2 requires an active internet connection. If .NET framework version 4.7.2 or later is not already installed on a computer without an internet connection, the installation will fail. You must install the .NET framework version 4.7.2 or later on computers without and internet connection before you install Qlik NPrinting Server, Qlik NPrinting Engine, or Qlik NPrinting Designer.If an internet connection is not available on a computer with .NET framework version 4.7.2 or later already installed, the installer will skip this part of the installation.