Multi-engine deployment example: Large volume deployment of Excel reports from QlikView
In a multi-engine installation where a large report must be generated in Excel format for a high volume of users, the performance of the Qlik NPrinting Engines is important.
In this example, the reports are based on a single QlikView document of approximately 230 MB stored on disk, and 20 GB of RAM consumption. The QlikView document contains a single large table. Reports must be delivered to 700 Qlik NPrinting users, each with a single, dedicated filter. The Excel template contains a single table composed of a set of QlikView document columns filtered by user.
- 2 QlikView Server 12.10 SR1 both installed on computers with 20 CPU cores and 256 GB of RAM
- 1 Qlik NPrinting server installed on a computer with 8 CPU cores and 32 GB of RAM
- 3 Qlik NPrinting Engines installed on computers with 12 CPU cores and 32 GB of RAM
- To minimize generation time, the Excel template does not contain any other type of entity such as a level or chart.
- Reports are delivered to folders so that email server delivery time is not a bottleneck.
Due to anti-spam settings, some SMTP servers may refuse to deliver a high number of emails a short time. If you want to use your SMTP server to deliver Qlik NPrinting reports, verify its configuration and test its performance.
In this example, the creation and delivery of 700 Excelreports takes approximately 15 minutes.
You can use the information in this page as a guideline to size your installation, but consider them only as guidelines. A different installation could perform differently.