You need to install Qlik NPrinting Designer on all computers that you will use to develop report templates.
It can be installed on Qlik NPrinting Server or Qlik NPrinting Engine computers, or on another computer. Qlik NPrinting Designer retrieves information from the Qlik NPrinting repository. It can only be launched from Qlik NPrinting web console. You must install Microsoft Office if you want to develop Excel, Word or PowerPoint templates. No additional software is required to develop QlikEntity, PixelPerfect or HTML templates with Qlik NPrinting.
Qlik NPrinting Designer installs Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2. It must not be uninstalled.
.NET framework version 4.6.2 is installed when you install Qlik NPrinting Server, Qlik NPrinting Engine, or Qlik NPrinting Designer. The installation of .NET framework version 4.6.2 requires an active internet connection. If .NET framework version 4.6.2 or later is not already installed on a computer without an internet connection, the installation will fail. You must install the .NET framework version 4.6.2 or later on computers without and internet connection before you install Qlik NPrinting Server, Qlik NPrinting Engine, or Qlik NPrinting Designer.If an internet connection is not available on a computer with .NET framework version 4.6.2 or later already installed, the installer will skip this part of the installation.
- You cannot run Qlik NPrinting Designer as a stand-alone application. Qlik NPrinting Designer must be used with Qlik Sense or QlikView.
- To move from one version of Qlik NPrinting Designer to another, you must uninstall the older version before installing Qlik NPrinting Designer. See: Uninstalling Qlik NPrinting Designer.
- You cannot install Qlik NPrinting Designer 17 on the same computer as the Qlik NPrinting Designer 16.
- Qlik NPrinting Designer is not compatible with Microsoft Office 365 web or mobile. It is compatible with Microsoft Office 365 desktop.
Before you install, check that your environment meets the system requirements. See: System requirements for Qlik NPrinting Designer
Downloading the installation file
Do the following:
- Go to the Qlik website.
- In the top right, click Log In. Log in with a registered customer or partner account.
In the main menu, go to Support > Product Downloads & Upgrades.
Click the Get Started button. In the main menu, click Qlik NPrinting.
- Use the left-hand menu to filter your options.
- Download QlikNPrintingDesigner_x64.exe.
Installing Qlik NPrinting Designer
Do the following:
- Double-click QlikNPrintingDesigner_x64.exe to launch the setup.
- On the Qlik NPrinting Designer Setup Welcome screen, click Next.
- Accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- On the Destination Folder screen, click Change if you want to install to a folder other than the default, and click Next.
- On the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes to proceed.
- Click Finish.