Generating On-Demand reports in Qlik Sense
On-Demand reports are created using the On-Demand reporting button.
When you create an On-Demand report, the report is added to the report creation queue on the Qlik NPrinting Server. Once a report is complete, it is stored in the Qlik NPrinting repository. Reports can be accessed from the Qlik NPrinting window in QlikView AccessPoint until deleted. Reports and reports in queue are automatically deleted from the Qlik NPrinting Server after 30 days. Failed reports are deleted after 6 days.
To enable On-Demand reporting in Qlik Sense, see: Installing Qlik Sense On-Demand reporting control.
Users must be logged into Qlik Sense via NTML (Windows) authentication in order to generate reports or create reporting buttons.
Creating an On-Demand reporting button
You can create an On-Demand reporting button on the sheet you are editing.
Do the following:
- From the assets panel, under Custom objects > Dashboard bundle drag On-demand reporting to the sheet.
In the property panel, under NPrinting Connection > NPrinting server URL, set the server connection. The URL must end with /.
For example: https://<server name>:4993/
- Under NPrinting App, select the Qlik NPrinting app that contains the report template.
Under NPrinting connection, select the Qlik NPrinting connection.
As the default, the list only shows Qlik NPrinting connections to the Qlik Sense app you are working in. You can use the App/Connection filter toggle to display connections not associated with the current Qlik Sense app.
- Under Report Configuration > Choose Report, select the report you want to connect to the button.
- In Default Export Format, select a default export format.
- Under Appearances > Button Label, set the button label. For example: Generate report.
You have now created an On-Demand reporting button.
Generating a report
You can generate a report that is filtered according to the current selections in the Qlik Sense app. You need to be in analysis mode.
Do the following:
Click on the button that you created.
The Export dialog opens.
- There are two buttons to choose from:
Quick Report: generates a single report with the default output format.
New Report: choose from a list of reports that have been made available to you. You can also choose the output format.
- When the report is generated a download button is activated. Click the Download button to download the report.