On this page
Qlik NPrinting NewsStand is a web portal that allows users to preview and download reports. Users can also subscribe to automatic updates.
The NewsStand web portal uses the generic web address,
Downloading a report
To log into NewsStand using Qlik NPrinting authentication, you need to be given access by a Qlik NPrinting administrator. See: Defining user roles
Do the following:
Enter your user name.
Enter your password.
Click Qlik NPrinting login.
The Qlik NPrinting NewsStand homepage appears, with list of your reports.
- Click a report title to open the preview window. You can scroll down by clicking the >I arrow.
Click Download to download a report.
You can then open the report as you would any other file.
Subscribing to a report
You can create personal subscriptions to the reports that you are allowed to see. Subscriptions are publish tasks owned by you, the NewsStand user.
Do the following:
Click Subscriptions in the top menu.
Click Create subscription.
Use the Report drop-down list to select a report.
Use Format to choose the output format.
- Use Quality to set the image resolution.
Enter a Name for your subscription.
- Under Schedule, set a Schedule type:
- Set your Repeat every, Daily frequency, Start, and End options. These options will change slightly depending on Schedule type.
You can set your subscription to stop based on the following criteria:
Event count: the subscription is executed for the number of times specified.Note:
Enabling, disabling, or changing the event count for a task does not reset the count of how many times the task was triggered. If you want to increase the number of times a task runs, you must increment the current number by the additional number of times you want the task to run.
- End date and End time: the subscription is executed until the date and time specified is reached.
In this case, leave the options blank.
- Click Create.
Filtering the subscription list
In the View list for subscriptions, you have the following filter options:
- All: includes all "My subscriptions" and "Corporate subscriptions".
- My subscriptions: reports that you have personally subscribed to through the NewsStand.
- Corporate subscriptions: reports that a Qlik NPrinting Administrator has subscribed you to.
There is a warning sign in the Preview section of a NewsStand report
The report has not been correctly generated.
Verify that the scheduler and engine services are running correctly. Restart them and check if the warning message disappears.
Verify that one or more templates have been added to your report. You cannot create a new report, and leave it empty without adding a template.