You can add both Replicate Servers and Compose Servers to Enterprise Manager. Once a Server is added and monitoring is enabled, Enterprise Manager establishes a connection to it and automatically discovers and retrieves all tasks and messages, along with basic information about the server.
You need the admin role to be able to add a server.
To add a server:
- Open Qlik Enterprise Manager.
Click Add Server.
The Add Server dialog box opens.
Provide the following information:
- Name: A unique name not exceeding 64 characters. The name can contain Latin characters, spaces, dots, dashes, and underscores.
- Description: Optional. Cannot exceed 250 characters.
- Type: Choose Replicate, Compose for Data Lakes, or Compose according to the server you wish to add.
- Host: The server’s host name or IP address. The combination of host and port must be unique.
- Port: The port on which the host listens. The combination of host and port must be unique.
Username: The user name for the server. Enterprise Manager uses this user to connect to the server. The name can contain Latin characters, spaces, dots, dashes, and underscores.
For a domain user, use the following format: <domain>\<user name>
For example: Qlik_LOCAL\JohnMillerWarning: The user must be a user with admin privileges. For more information, see Server requirements.
Password: The user password for the server.Warning: If you need to change the password and the associated user is an Active Directory user, you must stop monitoring all servers with the same user before changing the password in Active Directory.
For details, see Server requirements.
Verify server certificate.
Select this option to ensure the Server certificate is trusted. As a rule, to reduce the chance of "man-in-the-middle" attacks, this option should always be selected.
- When connecting directly to an Replicate replication server (default port 3552) with its automatically generated self-signed certificate, Enterprise Manager is able to validate the certificate without requiring any additional setup.
- When connecting to a Replicate Server via the Replicate UI Server (typically using port 443) or to the Replicate replication server with a user-installed certificate, you must make sure that the SSL/TLS certificate used by the server is trusted by the Enterprise Manager machine. The same applies when connecting to a Compose Server with a user-installed certificate. You can easily verify whether the certificate is trusted by opening a Chrome browser window on the Enterprise Manager machine and connecting to Replicate. If there are no security warnings, the certificate is trusted.
For information on the different ways of connecting to Qlik Replicate, see Qlik Replicate Server requirements.
- Select the Monitor this server’s tasks and messages check box if you want Enterprise Manager to retrieve tasks and messages from this server.
- Click Test Connection to verify that Qlik Enterprise Manager is able to establish a connection to the server.
- Click OK to save your settings.