Exporting and importing tasks
This functionality is supported with Replicate tasks only.
The ability to export tasks is useful if you need to migrate tasks between different Enterprise Manager machines, which may be necessary if you need to decomission a machine or when moving from a test machine to a production machine, for example. Tasks can be exported with or without endpoints.
The task's endpoints already exist in the target environment with a suitable configuration.
For information on what permissions are required to export and import tasks, see Roles and permissions.
To export a task:
In Tasks view, do one of the following:
- Select or open the task you want to export and then click the Export Task toolbar button.
- Right-click the task you want to export and select Export Task from the context menu.
Select Without Endpoints or With Endpoints accordingly.
Depending on your browser settings, the task JSON file will either be downloaded to your default Downloads folder or you will be prompted to save it to you preferred location.
The file name format is as follows:
To import a task:
- If the task is running on the target server, stop the task.
In Servers view, do one of the following:
- Select the target server (i.e. the server to which you want the task to be imported).
- Right-click the target server and select Import Task from the context menu.
The Import Task window opens.
- Either select the task JSON file using the Browse button or drag the file to the window.
- Click Import.
- Optionally, when the import completes, start the task.