Changing the Enterprise Manager service account
By default, Enterprise Manager is installed with Administrator privileges. For secuirty reasons, you may want Enterprise Manager to run under a user account that does not have Administrator privileges.
To do this:
- Install Enterprise Manager.
- Create a local user without administrative privileges.
Reserve the URL for the user you just created by running the following commands:
netsh http add urlacl url=https://+:443/AttunityEnterpriseManager user=DOMAIN\youruser
netsh http add urlacl url=http://+:80/AttunityEnterpriseManager user=DOMAIN\youruser
- Grant the new user the Full control permission for the Enterprise Manager data folder (<EM_INSTALL_DIR>\data).
- Open the Local Security Policy window and select Local Policies>User Rights Assignment. Then grant the Log on as a service policy to the new user.
- Stop the Enterprise Manager service.
In the Log On tab of the Enterprise Manager service properties, select This account and specify the new user name in the following format:
- Save your changes.
- Start the Enterprise Manager service.