Configuring mail server settings
Mail server settings are required for sending Enterprise Manager notifications.
To configure the mail server settings:
Click toolbar button in the right of the console.
The Settings window opens.
Select the Mail Server Settings tab and enter the following information:
Mail server: The host name or IP address of your organization's outgoing mail server.
- Port: The port used to communicate with the mail server. The default value is 25.
- Use SSL: Select to connect to the mail server (for sending notifications) using SSL.
Verify peer: Select if you want the mail server to send a certificate proving its identity. On Windows, the certificate will be authenticated using the default CA certificates.
- CA Path: On Linux, specify the location of the server CA certificate.
- Verify host: Select to verify that the host name in the certificate matches the host name of the mail server.
- Anonymous login: Select this to allow users to receive notifications without having to provide login credentials.
- User name: The user name for the email user account that is sending notifications.
- Password: The password for the email user account that is sending notifications.
- Sender email address: The email address from which notifications will be sent. The address will appear in the From field of the email notification.
To send a test mail, specify an email address in the Send to field and then click the Send Test Mail button.
If the mail server settings are correct, an email will be sent to the specified email recipient. Otherwise, an error will be shown at the top of the console.
- Click OK to save your settings.