Qlik Data Catalyst provides the ability for administrators to set field level encryption to mask fields from displaying in user interface. To encrypt sensitive fields:
- From Source module, users click on the field row and select the More option.
- Clicking on the View/Edit General Info option will open Field Information. Click on the check box next to Encrypt, Save and close.
- Next, the entity level encryption property must be set in the Source module. Select View/Edit Properties from the entity More option, choose Add Property, then select field.encryption.seed.reference from the dropdown list. Any value can be set in the corresponding field (for example, “mycipher”) and that value is interpreted as the password or key itself. Choose Save and a success message should appear.
- To complete the encryption, the entity must be reloaded. Choose More next to the entity name and select Load. In the dataload window, adjust the values if necessary, and click OK.
- The system will return to the entity page. Click the refresh symbol to view the job status. When successful, the Job Status will display that it is finished.