The following topic describes how to install and upgrade Qlik Compose.
For best performance when using cloud-based databases (such as, Snowflake) as your data source or data warehouse, it is strongly recommended to install Qlik Compose on a machine (such as Amazon EC2) located in the same region as your database instance.
To install Compose:
Run the Compose setup file (Qlik_Compose_<version.number>.exe).
The Qlik Compose setup wizard opens.
- Click Next. Select I accept the terms of the license agreement and then click Next again.
- Optionally change the installation directory and then click Next.
- Click Next and then click Next again to start the installation.
When the installation completes, click Finish to exit the Wizard.Note:
As part of the installation, a new Windows Service called Qlik Compose is created.
Open the Qlik Compose console as described in Accessing Qlik Compose.Note:
When you first open the Qlik Compose Console, you will be prompted to register an appropriate license. Register the license that you received from Qlik.
Depending on your existing Compose version, you may also need to perform additional version-specific upgrade tasks. It is therefore strongly recommended to review the release notes for the new version before upgrading.
Stop all Compose tasks and services.
- After the Qlik Compose service has been stopped by the Installer, make sure that all child processes are also stopped.
- Run the Qlik Compose setup wizard.
- Start all Compose tasks and services.
Compose runs a check to verify the termination of tasks and processes before running an upgrade. If any processes are found to be still running, the installation will be aborted.