Before you can create a Compose for Data Warehouses project, you need to define a Replicate task that replicates the relevant source tables from the source database to the landing area. You can define a different task for each project or the same task can serve several projects.
Monitoring and controlling Replicate tasks from within Compose involves the following steps:
- Step 1: Configure Compose for Data Warehouses to connect to the Replicate machine
- Step 2: Add the Replicate task name to the data source settings
- Step 3: Monitor and control the Replicate task
Either click the Replicate Server Settings link below the Associate with Replicate task field in the New Data Source dialog box..
From the Management drop-down menu in the main toolbar, select Replicate Server Settings.
The Replicate Server Settings dialog box opens.
- In the Server Name field, enter the IP address or host name of the Replicate machine.
- Optionally, change the default port (443). You should only change the default port if you are certain that a different SSL port is being used.
- Enter your User Name and Password for connecting to the Replicate machine.
- Click Test Connection and then click OK if the connection is successfully verified.
- Open the New Data Source or Edit Data Source: <Name> dialog box as described in Defining Replicate data source connections.
Click the browse button to the right of the Associate with Replicate Task field.
The Select Replicate Task window opens.
- Select the task that is replicating the source tables to the landing area and then click OK.
Make sure that the remaining data source fields are configured correctly (as described in Defining Replicate data source connections) and then click OK again to save the data source settings.
The Replicate task is immediately added to the Compose monitor.
The example below shows how the Replicate task appears in the Compose Monitor. You can stop and start the Replicate task using the Abort and Run toolbar buttons.
If a task is stopped from within Replicate, the task status in Compose for Data Warehouses will be "Completed" instead of "Aborted".
The monitor provides various information about the task. For details, see Viewing information in the monitor.