You can select events, on the occurrence of which, a notification will be sent to the specified recipients.
To set a notification rule:
- Switch to Monitor view.
Click the downward arrow at the top left of the console and select Notification Rules from the drop-down menu.
The Notification Rules dialog box opens.
Click the New toolbar button.
The New Notification wizard opens.
In the Events screen:
- Specify a name for the notification
- Choose for which type of events you want the notification to be sent, both at the task level and at the workflow level.
Click Next. In the Recipients screen:
- Select Windows Event to send the notification to Windows Event Viewer and/or Recipients to send the notification to a list of email recipients.
- If you selected Recipients, enter the recipient email addresse(s) in the To, Cc (optional) and Bcc (optional) boxes. Multiple addresses must be separated by a semi-colon.
Click Next. In the Message screen, optionally, edit the default notification message. You can add variables to the message by selecting the variable on the right and then clicking the arrow to the left of the variables list.
The following variables are available:
Notification message variables Variable Description
The name of the Compose project in which the event occurred.
The name of the ETL task in which the event occurred.
The number of rows inserted in the Data Warehouse/Data Mart.
The number of rows updated in the Data Warehouse/Data Mart.
The number of rows deleted from the Data Warehouse/Data Mart.
The error code if an error was encountered during the task.
The error message if an error was encountered during the task.
The event type (Started, Error or Completed).
The date and time the event occurred.
A link to the relevant Compose project.
- Click Next. In the Associate with screen, select whether to apply the rule to all tasks of to selected tasks. If you chose Selected Tasks, select which tasks to apply the rule to.
- Click Next to see a summary of the notification settings or Finish to save your settings and exit the wizard.
If you clicked Next, review your settings and then click Finish to save the notification rule and exit the wizard or Prev to edit your settings. You can also click the headings on the right of the wizard to go directly to a specific dialog box.
The notification will be added to the list of notifications in the Notification Rules dialog box.