Adding a new project is the first task you need to undertake in order to work with Qlik Compose for Data Warehouses. You can set up as many projects as you need.
To create a new project:
Click the New Project toolbar button.
The New Project dialog box opens.
Specify the following and then click OK:
- Name: The project name.
- Environment Type: Optionally, change the default environment type.
- Environment Title: Optionally, specify an environment title.
For information about the environment settings, see Environment tab.Warning note
The following names are reserved system names and cannot be used as project names: CON, PRN, AUX, CLOCK$, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8 and LPT9.
The project panels will be displayed.
- Add at least one source database and a data warehouse as described in Setting up Landing Area and Data Source connectionsand Setting up a data warehouse connection respectively.
- Create a model as described in Creating and managing the model .
- Set up the data warehouse as described in Creating and managing the data warehouse .
Set up the data mart as described in Creating and managing data marts .