In order to import a model created in ERwin, you first need to export the model from ERwin to an XML file and then copy the XML file to the Compose Server machine. Note that when you import a model from ERwin, you need to create the Mappings ETL scripts manually. You can either do this by creating global mapping as described in Managing global mappings below or you can create the mapping ETL directly in the Data Warehouse panel.
For more information on creating the ETL mapping(s) in the Data Warehouse panel, see Creating and managing the data warehouse .
To import the model from ERwin:
- Open your project.
To import a model created in ERwin, in the Model panel, select Import from ERwin from the drop-down menu in the top right corner.
In the Manage Model window, select Import from ERwin from the Entities drop-down menu.
The Import from ERwin dialog box opens.
- Specify the full path to the ERwin XML file.
- If you have set up global mappings, select the Use Global Mappings check box. For details, see Managing global mappings.
Select one of the following Read entities from options:
- Logical model - Allows you to import logical entities and attributes.
- Physical model - Allows you to import physical entities and attributes, exactly as they appear in the source database.
Select a source database and then click OK.
The Select Tables/Views dialog box opens.
- Continue from Step 4 in Generating the model.