Qlik Associative Big Data Index is deployed in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) using Kubernetes. You need access to the following hardware, software and information to be able to prepare the environment for deployment.
Remote access PC
A PC with deployment administrator access to:
- Accounts needed to manage the deployment environment.
- The VPC where you want to deploy the QABDI cluster.
The PC must have the following software installed and configured with
- Kubectl (Kubernetes CLI)
- Helm 2.9.0
You need a Kubernetes cluster setup with internet access to Qlik Helm and container image repository. The following environments are supported:
Amazon Web Services (AWS) 1.9.7 using Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS).
You can use EKSCTL to set up the cluster.
Microsoft Azure 1.9.1 using Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
You can use Azure CLI to set up the cluster.
Google Cloud Platform using Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
You can use Google Cloud SDK to set up the cluster.
- Non-managed Kubernetes 1.9.4 or 1.10.3 environment deployed with Bare Metal.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) 1.9.7 with Kubernetes deployed with KOPs.
For test, evaluation or development purposes, you can use:
- minikube for Windows with Kubernetes 1.9.4.
- Docker for Mac or Windows with Kubernetes 1.9.4 enabled.
Data source files
You can use non-nested Parquet 2.0 files as data source for creating the index. For more information about supported data types, see Preparing data source files.
The following file systems are supported:
- Amazon S3
- HDFS 2.6.5
- HDFS 2.7.5
- HDFS 2.9.0
- HDFS 3.0.0
- Amazon EFS (for AWS deployment)
- Azure Files (for Microsoft Azure deployment)
- Google Cloud Storage (for Google Cloud Platform deployment)
The CPU must support AVX2 and BMI2 instruction sets.