A Qlik Sense Enterprise administrator can allow users to authenticate their Qlik Sense Desktop against Qlik Sense Enterprise.
To do so, you must generate an authentication link in the Qlik Management Console, and then distribute the link to Qlik Sense Desktop users. The authentication link will not expire.
Make sure user access is allocated for the users. For more information about user access, see Allocating user access .
Generate and distribute an authentication link
- As a Qlik Sense Enterprise administrator, open the Qlik Management Console.
- Click the Virtual proxies tab, select the central proxy, and then click Edit.
- In the Edit virtual proxy page, click the Desktop authentication link tab.
- Enter a desktop authentication link host URI. This is the URL that will take users to the authentication page for the Qlik Sense Enterprise server.
- Enter a friendly name for the Qlik Sense Enterprise host server for desktop authentication. This name will be used to identify the server to Qlik Sense Desktop users when they authenticate.
- Click Generate. An authentication link is generated. Copy the link to a text editor and save the file. If you have to generate the link again later with the same settings, the same link will be generated.
- Click the Apply button. Note that this will restart any proxies associated with the virtual proxy.
- Distribute the link in one of the following ways:
Inform desktop users that they can retrieve the link from the Qlik Sense Enterprise hub. The link will be available to all Qlik Sense Enterprise users when they select Desktop authentication from ¥ in the top toolbar in the Qlik Sense Enterprise hub. After a user selects the link, Qlik Sense Desktop adds an authentication button to its welcome page. The button is identified by the friendly name that you provided above for the Qlik Sense Enterprise server. The user can now click the button to log into Qlik Sense Desktop using their Qlik Sense Enterprise credentials.
Distribute the authentication link to desktop users by email or another method. After a user selects the link, Qlik Sense Desktop adds an authentication button to its welcome page. The button is identified by the friendly name that you provided above for the Qlik Sense Enterprise server. The user can now click the button to log into Qlik Sense Desktop using their Qlik Sense Enterprise credentials.
Configure and then distribute the hubs.ini file:
- Create a file called hubs.ini using a text editor.
- Save your changes.
- Add the authentication link on a new line.
- Distribute the file to the desktop users that you want to allow to authenticate against Qlik Sense Enterprise.
- Instruct the users to paste the file here: C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Hubs\
The next time the user launches Qlik Sense Desktop, they will be able to authenticate against the Qlik Sense Enterprise server using their Qlik Sense credentials.