In a multi-node site, the site is spread out across two or more nodes that share the same set of data and license key.
This section describes how to plan a multi-node site deployment using synchronized persistence. If you want to use the shared persistence storage model, refer to the document Shared Persistence Configuration Guide which is available from Qlik Support.
The basic steps for deploying a multi-node site are as follows:
- Plan the nodes that are needed in the deployment.
- Install the first node in the site. This node becomes the central node, which contains all apps that are needed.
- Install an additional node as a rim node.
- In the Qlik Management Console (QMC) on the central node, add the new node to the site.
- Wait for the first synchronization to complete and then test the new node.
- Test the new node.
- Continue to install additional rim nodes – one at a time – as described in step 3 until the multi-node site is complete.
See: Configuring the node