Here are the highlights of the new Qlik Sense release:
The data manager user interface is improved, and several features have been added.
Alternative dimensions and measures
You can now add alternative dimensions and measures to some visualizations, using the property panel.
Export data from pivot tables
You can now export data from pivot table visualizations.
Create, Discover, Collaborate
The data manager user interface is improved, and several features have been added:
- You can now split tables that have been concatenated.
- You can rename tables and fields.
- You can add calculated fields to a table. A calculated field uses an expression to define the result of the field. You can use functions, fields, and operators in the expression.
- You can change the display format of date and timestamp fields.
- Fields containing dates and timestamps are expanded with date attributes that you can use in visualizations and expressions.
See: Editing a table
See: Date & time fields
You can now add alternative dimensions and measures to some visualizations, using the property panel. The alternative dimensions and measures are then easily accessible and you can quickly change the data in your visualization. The visual exploration menu (available while analyzing visualizations) also supports this.
See: Adding a dimension
See: Adding a measure
See: Visual exploration
You can now export data from pivot tables, stacked bar and line charts, and treemaps.
New DataMarket packages are available for global weather, currencies, and stock markets.
The interface for selecting data has been improved.
- Licensed and free data sets are separated into clearly marked categories.
- Hierarchical data sets are structured to facilitate selection.
Data storytelling has been improved.
- You can now take a snapshot of a visualization when you hover over the visualization.
- You can now choose to create an annotation when you take a snapshot of a visualization. The annotation is displayed in the snapshot library and helps you to distinguish between your snapshots.
- When you add a snapshot to a story slide, the snapshot now snaps to grid.
- When you play a story, a tool tip now appears when you hover over data points.
See: Playing a story
Qlik Sense Proxy Service metrics
A new metric,
Qlik Sense Printing Service logging
The folders and files used by the Qlik Sense Printing Service (QPR) for logging have been updated.
Qlik Deployment Console system requirements
The Qlik Deployment Console (QDC) can be used to clone entire Qlik Sense sites.
See: Cloning sites
Qlik Sense setup files stored in the
New license option
The capacity-based license gives you the flexibility to configure the number of cores to use on a CPU.
Limit resource consumption by apps
The Qlik Sense Engine Service now includes settings for limiting the amount of resources (memory or time) that can be consumed by apps.
Redesign of the audit page in the Qlik Management Console
The audit overview page has an enhanced table of rules for security, sync, and license.
See: Audit overview
Operations Monitor app in QMC updated
See: Export Overview
This PDF contains all the news and updates since the first release of Qlik Sense.