What’s new in Qlik Sense 2.1?
Here are the highlights of the new and updated features in Qlik Sense 2.1:
|Attach data files||
You can now upload and attach data files to an app on a server.
|Variables overview||You can now get an overview of all the variables in an unpublished app, and create, edit, and delete variables.|
|Media library||You can view all images in an app, and upload new images.|
|Visual exploration||You can now edit some visualization properties through the new exploration menu.|
|Editable range selection||It is now possible to input exact values and do more precise selections.|
|Exporting a story||A story can be exported as a PowerPoint presentation.|
|Repository Snapshot Manager||The Repository Snapshot Manager (RSM) can be used to automate the backup and restore procedures.|
Updates and new features are divided into the following sections.
Attach data files
You can now upload data files to an app on a server. The file is attached to the app, and you can load and select data to use in the app.
Creating apps and visualizations
In the variables overview, you can now get an overview of all variables in an unpublished app. From the overview, you can create, edit, and delete variables.
See: Variables overview
Auto-complete and color coding in the expression editor
When typing in the expression editor, you now get an auto-complete list of matching fields, variables, and functions to select from. The added color coding helps you to see where fields, variables, and functions are used in the expression.
You can now find all the images you can use in the app in the media library.
See: Media library
You can now upload images to the media library.
Interacting with visualizations
The new exploration menu makes it possible to change some properties while analyzing. The menu is accessible when viewing a visualization in full-screen mode. It is available for line chart, bar chart, pie chart, and scatter plot. It is a simplified version of the properties panel, with the purpose of making data exploration faster and more easily accessible.
See: Visual exploration
Editable range selection
It is now possible to input exact values and make more precise selections.
See: Range selection
Exporting a story
A story can be exported as a PowerPoint presentation.
See: Exporting a story
Planning Qlik Sense deployments
Backing up and restoring a site
The Repository Snapshot Manager (RSM) can be used to automate the backup and restore procedures.
Monitoring a Qlik Sense site
- The Monitoring apps now handle incomplete or malformed logs without failing during reload.
- The Monitoring apps now generate simple logs for tracking their own reload history.
- The QMC change history contains a more complete and detailed list of changes tracked by the Monitoring apps.
- The Operations Monitor’s Errors and Warnings table is updated to allow more timely access to other log entries associated with an error or warning.
- The Operations Monitor reports aborted reload tasks as well as successful and failed reloads.
- The Operations Monitor library includes two new heat map visualizations that can be used on customized sheets for performance monitoring.
History - What's new since Qlik Sense 1.0?
This PDF contains a all the news and updates since the first release of Qlik Sense.