This guide describes the code you need to write in order to create your own, custom QVX connector that can run from within QlikView or Qlik Sense.
These are the steps to go through when creating a custom QVX connector:
- Creating a new solution in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Adding QvxLibrary to your solution
- Implementing mandatory classes (Program.cs, QvEventLogConnection.cs, and QvEventLogServer.cs).
- Building your solution.
- Making your connector recognizable by QlikView or Qlik Sense.
- Installing your connector
The QVX SDK is available on the Qlik Community site to download as zip file.
Example solutions, based on the Windows Log files, for this guide can be found in folders where the zip file was extracted:
Complete documentation of the QvxLibrary.DLL API is provided in QvxSDK_2.1\QVXLibrary.chm. If the QVX SDK zip file has been extracted to another folder, substitute that folder name for QvxSDK_2.1.