Extending Qlik NPrinting
Qlik NPrinting exposes a set of REST APIs that enables you to generate reports from other software, for example the QlikView user interface (so called On-Demand) or a custom developed software.
To use Qlik NPrinting APIs you need to connect with an user that must have the
In the Roles administration page you have to set the On-Demand reports privileges:
- Create: a role with this grant activated can request the creation of reports by using APIs.
APIs are always enabled for all users and roles. You cannot disable APIs.
Available APIs are a subset of the user interface features that allows the implementation of the On-Demand reporting. So, On-Demand addon uses APIs.
With Qlik NPrinting APIs you can:
- Get the list of all available apps with descriptions.
- Get the list of all available reports with descriptions.
- Get the list of all available filters with descriptions.
- Use the On-Demand feature.
Lists are filtered based on user's roles rights. For example, the list of apps contains only apps that the user is authorized to see.
Requests and response details
All API requests require the content-type
All responses will be in
All endpoints also support the
Date and time format
Qlik NPrinting APIs supports the
Detailed documentation for developers
Detailed Qlik NPrinting APIs documentation for developers is available.